It’s no secret that having a mouse is vital to using a computer.
Good luck doing anything productively without a mouse. However, if you want to get the most out of your time and workplace, choosing wireless instead of the standard wired mouse can up your game considerably.
Wireless mice provide comfort, functionality, and look good doing it. Gone are the days of needing a wired mouse for performance, as wireless mice often have the same features and performance of wired mice.
Sure, video game purists and professionals heavily concerned with cost or utmost performance will disagree, but the fact is that a wireless mouse can be a solid option . We’re here to talk about the best you can find, for any task.
Why Having Good Wireless Mice Can Help You
Besides giving you the ultimate presentation of no cords, any wireless mice you get is going to feel like a wired one. This is the case because manufacturers, such as Logitech, Microsoft, Razer, etc., make products both wired and wireless alike. This means that the same-shaped mouse can appear as both a wired and wireless variant, giving you the power to choose your flavor.
Since a wireless mouse requires no cord to work, generally just a USB dongle, the portability to take it wherever you want can’t be argued. Again, though, most of the wireless mice you’ll find already have the same performance attributes as their wired counterparts. Gone are the days of wired instantly trumping wireless in the video game, media professional, or comfort world.
Ultimately, the choice is yours, and while wireless might cost a little more upfront, the long-term value comes in the form of convenience.
Our Top Picks for the Best Wireless Mice
- Cross computer control: Game changing capacity to navigate seamlessly on three computers, and copy paste text, images, and files from one to the other using Logitech Flow
- Dual connectivity: Use with up to three Windows or Mac computers and laptops via included unifying receiver or Bluetooth Smart wireless technology
- Hyper fast scrolling: Scroll through long documents or web pages faster and easier. Or press the wheel and shift to click to click mode for precise navigation. Wireless technology: Advanced 2.4 GHz wireless technology
- Works anywhere 4000 dpi Dark field sensor tracks flawlessly virtually anywhere, even on glass. Mouse dimensions-1.3 x 2.4 x 3.9. Unifying receiver-0.2 x 0.5 x 0.5 inches
- Rechargeable battery: Up to 70 days of power on a single charge
If you’re looking for something with ultimate portability in mind, Logitech’s MX Anywhere 2S is the mouse for you.
Backed by their advanced sensor technology, the mouse can be used on almost any surface. This gives you the ability to use it, without fail, anywhere you might go. The clicks feel solid to the touch, and there are numerous buttons making general, or professional, use easier than you standard three-button mouse.
The mouse was designed to be travel-friendly, coming in a compact size. Generally, with smaller size you find less comfort. This isn’t the case with the MX Anywhere 2S, however, as the slight hump on the back can work wonders on the hand. Concerning battery life, the mouse can easily last two months of use on a single charge. This means that, no matter where you go, you shouldn’t have to worry about your mouse dying.
Another nice touch is the Logitech Flow technology seen under-the-hood, allowing you to switch between Mac or Windows-based machines on-the-fly. A feature that often doesn’t work as intended, this time Logitech got it right, with their iteration paving the way for the future of versatility.
The only reason it’s not higher on the list? It’s not meant as an everyday mouse, and because of this can’t be listed any higher.
- Boasting the world’s most precise 16,000 DPI gaming mouse sensor, the Razer Mamba provides you with unsurpassable accuracy, so you’ll have an even greater edge over your competition
- With its ability to track up to 1 DPI increments and a lift-off cut-off distance as precise as 0.1-millimeter, the Razer Mamba helps you to react while you skillfully maneuver your way to victory
- 7 feet braided fiber USB charging cable, the Razer Mamba’s Hyperesponse buttons come with an adjustable click force mechanism
- Each lighting location is individually customizable, allowing you to have a variety of lighting effects and the full spectrum of 16.8 million colors for an impressive display
- With inter-device color synchronization, your Razer Chroma enabled Razer gaming weapons will always go together perfectly
The price is high with this mouse, but because of the technology and sensor that power the device, it’s still great among wireless mice.
You’ll find the most use for this mouse if you’re a gamer, but rest assured that it can still be an option even if you don’t play video games. Need an ultra-sensitive mouse for the finest of tuning or clicks? The Mamba has you covered as the sensor can produce an ultra-high 16,000 DPI sensitivity, along with 210 inches per second of speed. Most users won’t find a need for this high of speeds, but they’re there if wanted.
Comfort wise, this mouse delivers a mid-hump design that allows functionally and versatility at once. If you have larger hands, this mouse will work perfectly. It’s not meant for smaller hands, necessarily, as medium-to-large are the sweet spot.
With most gaming mice, you’ll find included software that allows further customization of the mouse and is abilities. This is true with the Razer Mamba, and while wireless mice are often adjustable without, the software can make things easier. Also included are cool lighting effects that can be made to any color you so choose. Again, not for everyone, but still a neat feature.
Overall, you’re not going to find much wrong with this mouse other than the price, making it a sweet addition to your desk setup.
- HERO Gaming Sensor: Next-gen HERO mouse sensor delivers up to 10x the power efficiency over other gaming mice with exceptional accuracy and responsiveness thanks to 400 IPS precision and up to 12000 DPI sensitivity
- LIGHTSPEED Wireless: Ultra-fast LIGHTSPEED Wireless technology gives you a lag-free gaming experience. The G305 wireless gaming mouse delivers incredible responsiveness and reliability with a super-fast 1ms report rate for competition-level performance
- Ultra-Long Battery Life: The G305 wireless Logitech mouse boasts an incredible 250 hours of continuous gameplay on a single AA battery so you can play at peak performance without worrying about running out of power
- Lightweight design: Thanks to an efficient mechanical design, the G305 gaming mouse weighs in at only 99 grams for high manoeuvrability
- Compact, portable design with convenient built-in storage for included USB wireless receiver. Max. speed: > 400 IPS
Another gaming mouse, the Logitech G305 is here because it’s one of the best performing wireless mice on the market, and comes with a mid-range price tag.
Those two features alone make this an option for anyone striving for the highest-quality sensor and tracking capabilities. When a company creates a product that isn’t going to sacrifice quality for performance, it’s time to seriously consider said product. Plus, it comes in white, which looks stylish.
The mouse comes in super light, at 3.5 ounces. The G305 is meant for smaller-to-medium hands, which isn’t too surprising given the weight, but the overall design is also compact. This means it can double as your travel and at-home mouse, without it taking up space or adding weight. The quality of the mouse isn’t compromised for the profile shape, and is sturdy enough to hold up in a bag when traveling around.
One of the drawbacks to keeping the cost down comes in the form of the battery. Instead of a rechargeable one included, Logitech has powered the mouse via one AA battery. While not the end of the world, as the mouse is rated for 250 hours of usage time, it’s something to consider when choosing.
Basically, with the G305, you’re getting a top-of-the-line mouse for less than half of what they would normally cost. Along with that, you get a light, reliable product with decent software to customize with if you’d like. Really, there’s not a lot to complain about here.
- Ergonomic sculpted design - unique adjustable hinge allows you to customize the trackball angle from 0 to 20 degrees for a more natural, comfortable hand position, and reduced muscle strain
- Cross-computer control- game-changing capacity to navigate seamlessly on 2 computers, and copy-paste text, images, and files from one to the other using Logitech flow
- Dual connectivity- use with up to 3 Windows or Mac computers via included Unifying receiver or Bluetooth smart wireless technology
- Rechargeable battery- up to 70 days of power on a single charge; Nominal value : 380 dpi
- Precision scroll-wheel - tilt and middle click wheel allows for precise scrolling and other Convenient controls such as horizontal scrolling
Ok, so while it’s not the flashiest piece of hardware on our list, the Logitech MX Ergo Trackball looks to bring trackballs back into the spotlight.
There are countless studies on how a trackball can help your body, specifically your hands and wrists, while working for countless hours on something. Even with that benefit, most people don’t like to admit that using a trackball-based mouse is better for them.
Sure, it’s not the pinnacle of wireless mice, but a trackball has benefits, and the MX Ergo is one of the best out there. The design is simple enough, but still looks great on surfaces thanks to the grey and black coating. It’s heavy at 8.5 ounces, but the point of a trackball is to stay in one position, and it does that here. Wirelessly, the connectivity is great, and the battery can last up to four months. There is the standard Logitech software that allows for customizing and button mapping the mouse.
The couple of downsides with any trackball mouse is that precision movements aren’t going to be easy, if you can do them at all. Also, while this isn’t a huge problem, the mouse is right-handed only, meaning left-handed people who use a mouse with their dominant hand won’t find this to suit their style. It’s also expensive for a trackball.
All of those aside, the mouse is great, with good build quality and wireless functions to back up the ergonomic and beneficial design.
- package dimensions :7.874 cm L x 11.43 cm W x 13.716 cm H
- Product type :INPUT MOUSE
- country of origin:China
- Package weight :0.41000000000000003lbs
A mouse that looks like a sphere is a hard sell, but once you’ve tried out the unusually-shaped device, you’ll see why it’s high on our list.
If comfort is your focus, then the Sculpt Ergonomic is a perfect device for you. While it might seem like the mouse sacrifices performance for comfort, that statement isn’t correct. The mouse uses Microsoft’s BlueTrack Technology, which combines the power of optical sensors and precision of laser sensors to create a great tracking experience.
Fun fact: while the mouse is made and marketed for Windows machines, it will still work on a Mac computer. Sure, your Apple friends my scoff at you for using it, but if it saves your wrists and can travel around with you, there’s no harm in using it. If you’re concerned about battery life, the Sculpt Ergonomic has you covered at up to a year on battery power.
The biggest downside is that the mouse won’t win you any gaming competitions, nor will it work on glass surfaces. It takes two AA batteries to work, so the weight is there. Plus, it’s round shape can make it somewhat awkward to tote around.
This all said, the mouse feels solid to the touch, and you can tell it’s a quality product from the first time you pick it up. Microsoft has a winner here, and we recommend it.
- Cross computer control: Game changing capacity to navigate seamlessly on 3 computers, and copy paste text, images, and files from 1 to the other using Logitech flow
- Dual connectivity: Use with upto 3 Windows or Mac computers via included Unifying receiver or Bluetooth Smart wireless technology. Gesture button- Yes
- Advanced ergonomic design: Perfectly sculpted, hand crafted shape supports your hand and wrist in a comfortable, natural position
- Auto shift scrolling: Speed adaptive scroll wheel auto shifts on the fly from click to click to hyper fast scrolling
- Rechargable battery: Upto 70 days of power on a single charge
You might be wondering why there are so many Logitech mice on this list, and the answer is simple: they’re all quality products.
Out of all the wireless mice, the Logitech MX Master 2S is the best. It’s easy to use, has dual-functionality for switching operating systems on the fly, and employs great performance along with superior comfort.
To start off, the MX Master 2S looks and feels like an expensive, high-quality product. It’s, often, hard to fathom spending more than $90 for a mouse, but remember that you’ll often spend countless hours on it. Thus, the investment can be heavily worth it down the stretch. You get seven buttons that can be customized, along with two scroll wheels. Basically, there is plenty to change if you want to, thanks to Logitech Options.
Concerning performance, Logitech’s latest sensor technology paves the way for what you’d want in a wireless mouse that can handle just about any surface. The battery life gives the mouse new life as well, with the mouse expected to last around 70 days on a full charge. You can charge it when in use, and after only three minutes the mouse will have enough juice for a full-day’s work
Finally, everything is rooted in the Logitech Flow technology that makes switching between an Apple device or Windows machine flawless. Many companies have tried their hand in creating such software, but often require additional downloading, or the performance is buggy overall. That isn’t the case with Flow, and this creates a nice feature for those that need it.
Really, if you’re looking for the best in wireless mice, you’ll be hard-pressed to find something better than the MX Master 2S. From quality to performance, it’s excellent across the board.
Choosing the Best Wireless Mice is No Easy Task
|Logitech MX Anywhere 2S||Sensor Technology Darkfield high precision Nominal Value 1000 dpi Battery Life Up to 70 days on a single full chargeNumber of Buttons 7 Scroll Wheel hyper-fast scrolling Hardware Connectivity Bluetooth Platform Windows 8 Dimension 0.59 x 0.56 x 0.26″ Weight 0.06 oz (1.63 g)||Buy on Amazon|
|Razer Mamba||Sensor Technology 16,000 DPI 5G laser sensor Battery Life Approximately 20 hrs.Number of Buttons 9 Click Force Adjustable Click Force Technology Hardware Connectivity USB Platform Windows 10 Dimension 5 x 2.76 x 1.67″ Weight 0.27 lbs (125 g)||Buy on Amazon|
|Logitech G305||Sensor Technology 12,000 DPI HERO™ Wireless Technology 1000 Hz (1ms) LIGHTSPEED WirelessButton System Mechanical Button Tensioning System Click Force Adjustable Click Force Technology Hardware Connectivity USB Platform Windows, Mac, Chrome OS Battery Life Up to 250 hours Dimension 2.45 x 1.5 x 4.6″ Weight 3.36 oz||Buy on Amazon|
|Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball||Sensor Technology 2048 dpi Logitech Advance Optical Tracking Wireless Technology Advanced 2.4GHz wireless technologyNumber of Buttons 8 Battery Life Up to 4 months on a single full charge Dimension 0.72 x 0.57 x 0.24″ Weight 0.07 oz (2 g)||Buy on Amazon|
|Microsoft Sculpt Ergo Mouse Black Forbus||Sensor Technology BlueTrack Technology Wireless Technology 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency, 802.11 a/b/g/nNumber of Buttons 7 Battery Life Up to 3 months on a single full charge Dimension 5.51 x 2.87 x 5.51″ Weight 0.75 lbs||Buy on Amazon|
|Logitech MX Master 2S||Sensor Technology 1000 dpi Darkfield High Precision Wireless Technology Advanced 2.4 GHz Wireless Technology Number of Buttons 7 Battery Life Up to 70 days on a single full charge Dimension 0.6 x 0.3 x 0.7″ Weight 0.07 oz (2 g)||Buy on Amazon|
You might think that picking the best options for your computer mouse would be easy, but it’s difficult to find the perfect mouse to recommend universally.
Mice are tricky because each one is made for a different purpose, and often it can be a challenge to find the perfect device for yourself. Thankfully, all the mice on our list represent quality, performance, and functionality, some of the largest factors in deciding on a peripheral to use. Knowing what you want, and really, what you need, from a wireless mouse is an easy way to determine that perfect mouse.
But, if there’s one thing to not forget about, it’s feel. Some of the best advice when choosing a mouse is hold a potential winner, and see how it feels. You’ll be surprised at how much feedback you can give yourself from a simple hand placement, and can use the information to help you in your mouse search.
In the grand scheme of things, picking a mouse out of all the different wireless mice is an important decision. Today, wireless technology is up-to-par with wired, and represents an easy way of cord-cutting, to make your desk space feel more natural.
Knowing some of the best options available is an easy way to start your search.