Everyone overlooks the computer mouse.
Seriously, how many aftermarket mice have you bought in your lifetime? One, maybe two?
That number should be higher, as there are plenty of reasons to upgrade your mouse game. To get the most out of your computer, while cutting down on time, upgrading to a different mouse can be key.
There are many benefits to having a different mouse than your standard two-button piece of plastic that came with your computer.
For starters, they allow you to work faster. The best mice on the market have extra buttons that make it possible to do the same tasks it would take multiple clicks to complete. In addition to the time you’ll save, your body will also thank you. Often, the standard mice that you get are ergonomically crafted, allowing for a comfortable experience.
One of the best mice manufacturers today is Logitech. Logitech mice push the boundaries of what a mouse can do for almost any scenario. That’s the best part: you don’t have to be a gamer or professional to benefit from new hardware.
Everyone stands to gain something, if not just for the looks, from using a new mouse. We’ll look at Logitech’s offerings and find the best for all tasks at hand.
What Makes Logitech Mice Great, and Picking the Best
Logitech mice are some of the best made. They feature advanced sensor technology, are often among the most comfortable out there, and have good click-feedback to top it off. The Swiss manufacturer has been in the game for over 40 years, serving up some of the best technology around.
Their mice come in a variety of sizes, having professional, wireless, gaming, and portable mice to choose from. All of them combine for one of the most versatile mice lineups around, and will certainly deliver on the promise of performance.
Even if you don’t think a new mouse sounds beneficial, remember that the one that came with your initial desktop was very cheap to make. Or, on the portable side, no mouse was bundled with your laptop purchase. Below you’ll find our choices for the best Logitech mice readily available.
- Ergonomic sculpted design - unique adjustable hinge allows you to customize the trackball angle from 0 to 20 degrees for a more natural, comfortable hand position, and reduced muscle strain
- Cross-computer control- game-changing capacity to navigate seamlessly on 2 computers, and copy-paste text, images, and files from one to the other using Logitech flow
- Dual connectivity- use with up to 3 Windows or Mac computers via included Unifying receiver or Bluetooth smart wireless technology
- Rechargeable battery- up to 70 days of power on a single charge; Nominal value : 380 dpi
- Precision scroll-wheel - tilt and middle click wheel allows for precise scrolling and other Convenient controls such as horizontal scrolling
So, you want the famous trackball on your mouse? You got it.
With the MX Ergo Wireless Trackball, the well-designed and premium-built mouse made for comfort and pain-free use, you’ll be going strong all year without any injuries.
If you’re unfamiliar with the trackball design, the sole purpose is to place less strain on your muscles. That number is 20% less, to be exact. It’s an alternative that works, and can be necessary for anyone who needs to alleviate pain in their wrists or hands after long days of using a mouse.
Thankfully, the MX Ergo doesn’t look like your typical blue or red big trackball. Instead, Logitech has opted for the subtle grey allover design, creating a slick mouse look. One common concern with trackballs is the size in proportion to where your hand sits. To make sure the placement of your palm on the mouse isn’t an issue, there is an adjustable hinge for deeper customization. This type of attention to detail isn’t found with other mice, so it’s nice that Logitech mice is giving you options.
Trackball mice are easy to adjust to, even if it may seem odd at first. Most of the time, you’ll be able to pick up the feeling in less than two weeks. There is always a learning curve with new actions, and using a newly styled mouse can be intimidating.
Overall, though, the MX Ergo offers a nice balance between function and performance, while delivering one of the nicest shapes a mouse can offer. At around $80, it’s affordable and is worth the investment.
- Cross computer control: Game changing capacity to navigate seamlessly on three computers, and copy paste text, images, and files from one to the other using Logitech Flow
- Dual connectivity: Use with up to three Windows or Mac computers and laptops via included unifying receiver or Bluetooth Smart wireless technology
- Hyper fast scrolling: Scroll through long documents or web pages faster and easier. Or press the wheel and shift to click to click mode for precise navigation. Wireless technology: Advanced 2.4 GHz wireless technology
- Works anywhere 4000 dpi Dark field sensor tracks flawlessly virtually anywhere, even on glass. Mouse dimensions-1.3 x 2.4 x 3.9. Unifying receiver-0.2 x 0.5 x 0.5 inches
- Rechargeable battery: Up to 70 days of power on a single charge
This is one of the best portable mice around, and if you’re always needing something to throw into your computer bag then the MX Anywhere 2S can become your new best friend.
Logitech mice are built well, and even though this is a small, dongle-powered device, that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t feel, or look, premium. The mouse feels nice in your hand, and weighs nearly nothing. The feet on the bottom allow it to glide around easily enough, too.
The button clicks sound solid and aren’t plushy, meaning when you click there isn’t much give. This is preferred as it’s a more accurate way of using the mouse. The scroll wheel features Logitech’s Hyper-Fast Scroll, which is a nice built-in touch, allowing quick scrolling of longer documents and webpages.
It also features the number one sensor that Logitech employs in its non-gaming mice: the 4000-dpi Darkfield Sensor. This sensor is greatly accurate, and is rated for all types of surfaces, including glass. There aren’t any batteries to replace, either, as the mouse is rechargeable and will last as long 70 days on a single charge.
Just like our number one choice, which you’ll read about later, this mouse features Logitech Flow technology, which is the easy way of switching between a Mac or Windows machine. This isn’t a needed feature by everyone, but for those that do need to work on both systems, this mouse does it well.
The only reason the MX Anywhere 2S isn’t higher on the list is due to the specific nature of its place: portability. While having one of the best portable mice on the market is great, you won’t be able to use it as your daily mouse.
No matter what, though, this Logitech mouse is perfect for the traveler in everyone.
- Pro gaming mouse is created by Logitech G and top competitive eSports professionals for performance play. Weight is 3 ounce
- Advanced PMW3366 optical gaming sensor delivers exceptional tracking accuracy at any hand speed for pixel precise targeting and high speed maneuvers across the entire 200 to 12,000 DPI range
- Metal Spring Button Tensioning System designed for ultra-consistent and reliable click performance at the highest level of competition. 6 Programmable Buttons
- Customizable with up to 16.8 million RGB lighting colors to match your style, team colors and setup plus synchronize with other Logitech G gaming gear
- Six programmable buttons and onboard memory make it easy to setup and store one-trigger custom commands for your favorite games Physical specifications-Height: 116.6 mm Width: 62.15 mm Depth: 38.2 mm
Most Logitech mice on this list are wireless. For good reason, as most people don’t like wires and the overall look is shifting towards a cleaner office space. Yet, there are still wired enthusiasts, and the G Pro was made with them in mind.
This is the second smallest mouse on our list, behind only the previous entry, and that can make it a hard sell to some. If you do have smaller hands, or just want a nice, accurate mouse for traveling or even as a secondary option, the G Pro has you covered.
Featuring Logitech’s best mouse sensor, the PMW3366, it’s perfect for any enthusiast, and will making gaming or editing pixel-perfect. There are six programmable buttons to configure exactly to your specifications, which is the perfect way to save time and effort. If you have settings for an application or program, the G Pro has onboard memory, where you can save your preferences and switch between them with a simple click.
Even though it’s small, this Logitech mouse is built to be durable, and the buttons deliver crisp and responsive force. This ensures accurate clicking at every opportunity, and ensures reliability for the long term.
Part high-end gaming peripheral, part small, budget mouse, the G Pro delivers on both fronts with a price that’s hard to beat at less then $40 on sale.
- LIGHTSPEED WIRELESS: latency can be the difference between winning it all or losing. LIGHTSPEED wireless technology features a 1 ms report rate for competition level twitch targeting
- ADVANCED PMW3366 SENSOR: equipped with the PMW3366 optical sensor zero smoothing, filtering, or acceleration across the entire DPI range (200 12,000DPI) at speeds over 400 IPS
- ADVANCED MECHANICAL BUTTON TENSIONING: delivers an exceptionally clean and crisp button feel, response, and consistency. Battery Life: Default lighting: 24 hours, No lighting: 32 hours
- POWERPLAY Wireless Charging Compatible: the world's first and only wireless gaming mouse charging system, to keep G903 (and G703) charged while at play and at rest. Max acceleration >40G3. Cable length - 1.80 m
- CUSTOMIZABLE DESIGN: configurable button layout and ambidextrous design allow for left or right handed use that works with nearly any mouse grip style, including palm, claw and fingertip grips
It might seem silly to rank a gaming-specific mouse so highly, but this premium wireless mouse ticks almost all the boxes that matter for non-gaming tasks as well.
If the future is something you try to look forward to, the G903 has you covered there too. Featuring Logitech’s new Powerplay Charging technology, the mouse can charge itself while being placed on the mat. It’s remarkable tech, one that will change the scope of peripherals within the next few years, but only certain mice employ it right now. Shelling out $100 for a fancy charging mat isn’t everyone’s flavor, though.
Moving onto the design front, the G903 looks like a sleek airplane on a mousepad. With sharp angles and nice lighting features, everyone will get the impression that you game on the thing after seeing it in person. It seems crazy to say so, but this is a light, full-sized mouse at only 3.9 ounces. If you’re not into the design or weight as it comes out of the box, Logitech allows customization to add weight, move panels, and change the button layout as well.
On the performance side, this mouse shares the same, top-of-the-line sensor as the G Pro, ensuring the most accurate tracking available across all Logitech mice. There is also use of Lightspeed Wireless, which is a technology that keeps latency–or wireless interference between the sensor and computer–at a minimum. There are 11 programmable buttons that you can update to your favorite commands, and the mouse also lights up if you want it to.
Even though it is the most expensive mouse on our list, tipping the scales at over $120, it pays for itself every time you use it. All Logitech mice could learn something from the G903, even our top pick.
- Cross computer control: Game changing capacity to navigate seamlessly on 3 computers, and copy paste text, images, and files from 1 to the other using Logitech flow
- Dual connectivity: Use with upto 3 Windows or Mac computers via included Unifying receiver or Bluetooth Smart wireless technology. Gesture button- Yes
- Advanced ergonomic design: Perfectly sculpted, hand crafted shape supports your hand and wrist in a comfortable, natural position
- Auto shift scrolling: Speed adaptive scroll wheel auto shifts on the fly from click to click to hyper fast scrolling
- Rechargable battery: Upto 70 days of power on a single charge
If you’re looking for the pinnacle of multitasking wireless mice, the search is over. This is the best choice out of all the Logitech mice on the market.
The Logitech MX Master 2S is perfect for power users who demand more from their peripherals. Logitech claims it’s their flagship mouse, and it’s easy to see why. Among its best features are added comfort, Logitech Flow technology, and modern design. You’ll be wishing you switched to this Logitech mouse sooner.
If you demand the best in precision, the MX Master 2S has you covered. It features a 4000-Dpi sensor that will track on almost any surface, including glass.
Often, a mouse is tied to a specific system, whether it’s Mac or Windows. Occasionally, you see a mouse manufacturer try and change that, but generally it’s not a good combination. This time, however, Logitech has found a winning formula. With their Logitech Flow technology, you’ll find switching between a Mac and Windows machine to be remarkably easy. This ensures you’ll never think twice about using either operating system.
As we mentioned earlier, one of the best gains of all Logitech mice is added comfort. Ergonomics are a key part of this mouse’s design, as it’s a hand-sculpted mold on which the final design is based on.
Overall, there’s nothing to criticize here, and at under $99, often on sale for less, you’ll find plenty of hours of work on tap.
Logitech Mice Allow You to Get More Done
|Logitech MX Ergo||Most advanced wireless trackball for Windows PC and MAC Requires 20% less muscular strain Unique adjustable hinge Customizable trackball angel from 0 to 20 degrees Soft rubber on top for comfortable grip Advanced optical tracking Precision scroll-wheel with tilt and middle click Battery life of 4 months||4.3 out of 5.0||Buy on Amazon|
|Logitech MX Anywhere 2S||Cross-Computer Control Tracks virtually anywhere Rechargeable battery Battery life up to 70 days Dual Connectivity Hyper fast scrolling||4.1 out of 5.0||Buy on Amazon|
|Logitech G Pro||Pro gaming mouse Advanced PMW3366 optical gaming sensor Metal Spring Button Tensioning System Customizable with up to 16.8 million RGB lighting colors Six programmable buttons||4.4 out of 5.0||Buy on Amazon|
|Logitech G903 Lightspeed Gaming Mouse||Lightspeed Wireless Technology Advanced PMW3366 optical gaming sensor Advanced Mechanical Button Tensioning System Powerplay Wireless Charging Compatibility Configurable button layout||3.8 out of 5.0||Buy on Amazon|
|Logitech MX Master 2S||Cross-Computer Control Tracks Virtually Anywhere Rechargeable Battery Battery Life up to 70 days Dual Connectivity Speed adaptive scroll wheel||4.0 out of 5.0||Buy on Amazon|
The purpose of any upgrade in technology is to improve. Whether it’s speed, power, or something entirely different, technology advances us.
This being the case, Logitech mice are designed and manufactured to give your hands a new way to compute daily. All aspects of their specifications are thought through in advance, providing the best quality they can do with that product.
Logitech offers multiple styles of devices, for almost all needs available. Be it gaming or simply keeping your hand comfortable, there’s a Logitech mouse for you. One of the best things that an upgrade to your mouse will do, though, is give you more time.
Every second you spend thinking about your wrist, or why your scroll wheel isn’t fast enough, is a second of work or play lost. Logitech mice alleviate this problem whenever possible. The quality will last you for the life of their products, frequently, and if something does come up Logitech will make it right. Remember too, that one of the best ways to know if a mouse will work for you is to try it out before you buy it. Often, it’s hard to know by other people’s reviews, and everyone has different-sized hands.
There aren’t many peripheral manufacturers out there, today, that are so dedicated to their work, so if you’re thinking about updating your mouse–and you should be–Logitech should be the first name you start with.