Every avid gamer knows that gaming can take up a lot of time.
And most of the time, your rump will need a comfortable place to settle in. Otherwise, the discomfort can ruin your game.
That’s why every serious gamer needs to invest in the best gaming chair that can fit their budget.
Gaming chairs may sound like an unnecessary luxury to some people, but if you consider that the time you spend playing a game while sitting in the wrong position can be detrimental to your health, you will reconsider your negative views of dedicated gaming chairs.
But one thing you need to consider before rushing off to get yourself one is that gaming chairs are like shoes – one size doesn’t fit all.
Simply put, you need to get one that not only suits your style, but one that is sturdy, comfortable, and fits your dimensions well.
Gaming Chairs – What’s the Difference?
Is there a difference between a gaming chair and a regular office chair? Especially considering the fact that dedicated gaming chairs are more expensive than ordinary computer chairs, the temptation to settle for an office chair over a gaming chair is usually strong for some gamers.
But one thing you need to realize is that gaming chairs are specifically designed with gamers in mind. Besides being sturdy and super comfortable, they also look as rugged as the gaming laptop you use, adding to the whole gaming atmosphere and experience.
So what’s the difference between gaming chairs and regular office chairs?
Styling and Color
Although gaming chairs look like regular office chairs from a distance, a closer look will show that the color and style options of gaming chairs are generally different from those of office chairs.
While most office chairs focus on dark colors and earth tones and feature more traditional seat designs, gaming chairs come in a variety of colors. Even if the chair is mostly black, a gaming chair will have plenty of eye-catching accents that will make it stand out.
As for the seat, most gaming chairs have bucket seats as they are designed to emulate racing chairs used in simulators.
Another big difference you will find between gaming chairs and regular office chairs is that gaming chairs are more adjustable than regular office chairs.
Apart from height and tilt, gaming chairs also feature adjustable armrests that you can pivot, slide, and move up and down.
One adjustability function you’ll really appreciate in gaming chairs is the ability to recline.
While office chairs only offer limited adjustments to the angle between the seat and the back of the chair, gaming chairs afford you the ability to lean back with a simple pull of a lever. With this function, you can lean way back so as to be able to comfortably look at your TV screen or lean forward so as to take a closer look at the display.
Gaming Chairs are Pricier
One thing you’ll definitely notice (and feel) about gaming chairs is that they are more expensive than their office chair counterparts.
A good gaming chair can cost you anything between $200.00 to $600.00.
The price tag is surely hefty, but it’s well worth it if you’re going to spend a lot of time in one of them – after all, you are preserving your health.
Buying a Gaming Chair – 3 Things to Consider
In order to get the best out of your gaming experience, you need to make sure that you get the best gaming chair for you.
How do you do that?
Buy According to Size
One thing gaming chair manufacturers understand is that gamers come in different shapes and sizes. That is why you will find that many gaming chairs are specifically designed for different sizes.
For example, standard gaming chairs support weights of 240-300 pounds, while heavy-duty gaming chairs support anything between 350-450 pounds.
When it comes to getting your perfect gaming chair, consider seat depth and width, backrest height and width, the armrest range, and any other measurement that can help you get the perfect chair for your game room. A gaming chair that is not in line with your measurements will be uncomfortable and will cost you your game, maybe even a few years of your life.
Check the Materials
Different gaming chairs are made from different materials, both in and out.
The materials used will determine the quality, durability, and comfort of your gaming chair. The most common gaming chairs, however, are made from polyurethane leather for the outer covering and a dense foam for padding.
Gaming chairs made of these materials usually strike the perfect balance between affordability, durability, and comfort.
Of course, if you want to up your game, you can get a genuine leather gaming chair with memory foam and other bells and whistles.
Take it for a Test Drive – If You Can
If possible, try out a few gaming chairs before making your purchase. I know it can be tricky as most stores only stock a limited selection.
Your best bet will be to try out the ones you like at gaming conventions.
If that’s still not feasible and you need to get your rear end comfortable in a jiffy, either check out the dimensions and specifications of your chair online or simply read gaming chair reviews – like this article.
Ready to check out some of the best gaming chairs on the market?
Let’s get going, shall we?
Best Budget Gaming Chairs
I’m sure you’ve been putting off buying a good gaming chair because of the high price tags most of the popular brands come with.
But what if I told you it’s possible to get a good quality gaming chair without burning a big hole in your pocket? I kid you not. Let’s take a look at 3 amazing gaming chairs you can buy for less than $.
- 【Smooth and Flexible Moving】 A 360-degree rotation of the caster allows you to move flexibly and smoothly. No worry of stuck casters, you will do your work more efficiently.
- 【Solid Office Chair Base】Our racing style office chair is designed with elegant and stable base. The star shaped base ensures the stability and solidness.
- 【Adjustable Seat Height】The gas lift makes it possible for you to freely adjust the height as you need and you will sit comfortably on this chair.
- 【Thickly and Softly Padded Seat】The chair seat is super soft and thickly padded, very comfortable to sit for a long time, helping you reduce the body pressure and fatigue.
- 【Ergonomically Designed Back】The chair back was ergonomically designed and fully fits your body spine. Your body will feel comfortable and relaxed.
If you are looking for a budget gaming chair that offers exceptional value, the Giantex Executive racing chair is it.
For just $, you get a sturdy, good-looking gaming chair that offers you great functionality you’d be hard-pressed to find in more expensive seats.
The Giantex features a removable headrest pillow and lumbar cushion and a reclining mechanism that tilts up to 150 degrees, offering you exceptional comfort. For gamers who love to spend the afternoon glued to their seats, the Giantex is a gaming chair that will help you defeat warlocks and aliens without breaking your back (and your bank).
The Giantex Executive racing style chair comes in some beautiful designs that make the big boys run for their money.
And with adjustable armrests and seat height, super soft padding, and a well-designed backrest, what more can you ask for from a gaming chair?
- Removable headrest pillow
- Reclining mechanism up to 150 degrees
- Removable lumbar cushion
- Adjustable armrests and seat height
- Super soft padding
- Well-designed backrest
- Material:PU Leather around chair including armrest good for your skin perfectly provide you have an extremely comfortable seating
- Design:360 Degree Swivel and Multi-direction Wheel Move Smoothly On Floor
- Function:The whole chair can rocked back and forth which is suitable for napping and seating during busy working days and wonderful experience in intense gaming moment.
- Load Capacity:280-pound maximum weight capacity,Seating Area Dimension: 20" X 20" Back Rest Size: 20" X 28.3" Adjustable Seat Height: 18.1"-21.2"
- Homall lifetime replacement Warranty:We will send you replacements free of charge for:Installation problem, Damaged OR Missing parts.If for whatever reason you don't absolutely love your chair, just return it and we will refund every penny or replace it, no questions asked! Now that's a guarantee!
Another very popular gaming chair brand that is making headway in the gaming circles is Homall.
Homall gaming chairs are not just budget friendly but are also friendly to your back – even after spending hours hacking down zombies in the apocalypse while seated in the chair.
As a standard gaming chair, the Homall Bucket Seat gaming chair has a maximum weight capacity of 280 pounds, a seat size of 20” x 20”, a back rest size of 20” x 28.3”, and an adjustable seat height of 18.1”-21.2”.
One great feature you’ll definitely love about this gaming chair, besides its $ price tag, is the amazing reclining ability that can allow you to adjust the back seat to a sleeping position.
And to show their confidence in their product, Homall have put a lifetime replacement warranty on the Homall Bucket Seat gaming chair.
- Maximum weight capacity of 280 pounds
- Seat size of 20″x20″
- Backrest size of 20″x28.3″
- Adjustable seat height
- Adjustable backseat up to sleeping position
- Lifetime replacement warranty
- Not just for your office, this mesh desk chair will be a comfortable ergonomic gaming chair for online gamers and video game testers. Offering up a 3-paddle control you'll reach your desired comfort in this executive office chair
- Our chair conforms to ANSI/BIFMA standard X5.1-17; Contemporary executive chair offers superior comfort
- Ventilated curved back provides lumbar support, adjustable back height, back angle adjustments with infinite lock positions
- Tilt lever - push in to lock in an upright position; pullout to activate rocking motion, while tilt tension knob controls tilt resistance
- PRODUCT MEASUREMENTS : Overall Size: 25.5"W x 27"D x 37-44.25"H | Seat Size: 19"W x 17"D x 18-23"H | Back Size: 17.5"W x 19-21"H | Arm Size: 27-31.75"H from floor; 7.75-10.25"H from seat
With great lumbar support and excellent ventilation due to its strong mesh, it’s no wonder the Flash Furniture Mid-Back Chair has so many rave reviews.
Although this is not technically a gaming chair, it deserves to be mentioned in the best budget gaming chair category as it offers exceptional comfort that affords you more gaming time than most gaming chairs.
Best Value for Money Gaming Chairs
If you’ve got a bit more cash to splurge on a gaming chair, in the regions of $100.00 to $200.00, you can expect to get yourself a very good gaming chair.
Let’s take a look at what your cash upgrade can afford you.
- Great lumbar support
- Excellent ventilation and strong mesh
- Best value for money gaming chairs
This is undoubtedly one of the best gaming chairs you can purchase considering the value, quality, and price factors.
Although the Titan Gaming Chair from SecretLab sports many familiar design features as other gaming chairs, it is definitely not to be casually looked upon as your average gaming chair.
Its thick yet very supple polyurethane cover and very generous and dense cold cure foam padding separate it from the pack when it comes to comfort and quality.
With its 22” wide seat and 290-pound weight limit, most users will find the Titan a very comfortable gaming chair.
One interesting feature that confuses many concerning SecretLab’s Titan is that instead of having a separate lumbar support cushion, the Titan features an internal lumbar support that you can adjust with a knob you’ll find on the side of the chair.
This adjustment doesn’t change the shape of the chair, but simply firms or softens the area where your lower back meets the back of the chair. And it works quite well.
Despite the gorgeous looks of the Titan, it is quite simple to assemble, so don’t worry about looking for someone to do it for you.
For $$, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a gaming chair that gives you as much value as the Secret Lab Titan.
- Thick yet very supple polyurethane cover
- Dense cold cure foam padding
- 22” wide seat
- 290-pound weight limit
- Adjustable internal lumbar support
- Simple to assemle
- Lumbar pillow included + Neck pillow included
- PU Cover
- Can support up to 200 lbs
- Perfect for users up to 6'1"
- Black Strong Aluminium Base
Every avid gamer has heard of the DxRacer OH/RV001. And the most popular of their gaming chairs is the racing series.
Besides being sturdy, DxRacer is a very comfortable gaming chair. So comfortable, in fact, that you even take a nap on it in between games. However, it doesn’t have as much padding and doesn’t possess the luxurious feel that the SecretLab Titan has, and its $$ price tag reveals as much.
But that is not to say this is not a good gaming chair. If you weigh 250 pounds or lighter, this gaming chair will definitely serve you well for many years of great gaming.
For gamers on the bigger side, DxRacer has 3 other racing chairs you can consider – the King, Sentinel, and Tank. These have weight limits of 300, 350, and 450 pounds, respectively.
- Very comfortable gaming chair
- 250-pounds weight limit
- 3 other racing chairs varieties
- Extra large size: wide metal frame with anti-corrosive coating covered with high-density cold-curved foam padding for maximum comfort and durability
- Top quality upholstery: PU leather on front and back - Easy to clean and guaranteed to last for at least 5 years backed by manufacturer warranty.
- 400 lbs weight capacity: advanced mechanism with adjustable rocking function and lockable tilt positions and custom heavy Duty gaslift can support up to 400 lbs.
- Adjustable headrest and lumbar support pillows for comfort and enhanced ergonomics included.
- 4D armrests: adjustable in four directions: up & down, back & forth, in & out, and rotate to the sides.
AKRacing produced the Max Gaming Chair after hearing the cries of larger gamers clamoring for a comfortable and durable gaming chair.
Featuring a seat width of 15.3 inches, a maximum weight capacity of 400 pounds, and very dense padding, you’ll definitely feel at home in this very accommodating gaming chair.
The Max Gaming Chair has a steel upper base and an aluminum lower base, while the seat is made from cold cured padding covered in faux leather.
One thing you’ll definitely love about the AKRacing Max Gaming Chair is that it is extensively adjustable, even to the point of being able to recline to a 180-degree position.
The only downside? Not only is the AKRacing Max Gaming Chair large in size – it is also large in price, coming with a $$ price tag.
- Comfortable and durable gaming chair
- Seat width of 15.3 inches
- Cold cured padding in faux leather
- checkMaximum weight capacity of 400 pounds
- Very dense padding
- Steel upper base
- checkAluminum lower base
- 180-degree reclining position
- Inspired by the fit and feel of a luxurious sports car
- Features carbon fiber trim on the bolsters and back
- Backrest reclines from 85-155 Degree
- Locking mechanism with 5-position tilt seat
- Wider, more sturdy seat, able to support up to 350 pounds
If gaming chairs like the SecretLab Titan and AKRacing Max Gaming Chair seem a bit intimidating price-wise, you can still get great value and comfort with the RapidX Carbon Line gaming chair.
This is a great gaming chair that could be considered the Goldilocks of its category, especially when you factor in the great $$ price tag, the dense foam, and the strength of the chair. With a weight capacity of 350 pounds, it can easily accommodate most average gamers.
As for adjustability, the RapidX Carbon Line is very versatile, well able to lean forward 85 degrees and backward an impressive 155 degrees. Of course, the height is also adjustable.
The RapidX is one of the best gaming chairs you’ll find on the market as it will give you great value for money.
- Great value for money
- Weight capacity of 350 pounds
- Very versatile
- Lean forward up to 85 degrees
- Lean backward up to 155 degrees
- checkAdjustable seat height
|The Giantex Executive Racing Style Chair|
Removable headrest pillow and lumbar cushion.
Reclining mechanism that tilts up to 150 degrees.
Adjustable armrests and seat height.
Maximum weight capacity of 280 pounds.
360-degree swivel and multi-direction wheel move smoothly on floor.
Adjustable backseat up to sleeping position.
Great lumbar support and strong mesh.
Best value for money.
22” wide seat and 290-pound weight limit.
Adjustable internal lumbar support .
Thick yet very supple polyurethane cover.
Very comfortable gaming chair.
250-pounds weight limit.
3 other racing chairs varieties.
Comfortable and durable gaming chair.
Maximum weight capacity of 400 pounds.
180-degree reclining position.
Great value for money.
Weight capacity of 350 pounds.
Lean forward up to 85 degrees and backwards up to 155 degrees.
The Best Gaming Chair – Your Choice
With this great selection of gaming chairs at your fingertips, you have no reason to sit on a crate or your couch while gaming. Even that regular office chair should be upgraded if you want to improve your performance.
From budget gaming chairs to great value for money gaming chairs, the choice is yours. Pick one and let the game continue.